Friday, September 2, 2011

Memorial to Jenniffer Rose Vernals 3/15/81 to 3/30/96

The original poem Always, is below, page down....
Rest easy Jenniffer, we will see you on the other side.
Jennifer Rose Vernals was abducted from in front of Truebloods store in Ventura, California. Ventura Police listed her officially as, missing-circumstances unknown. When asked about her case though, they referred to Jenniffer Vernals as a runaway and very little official effort was made to locate her. Her remains were found in Torro Canyon, a remote part of Santa Barbara County, California, on April 6, 1996. The case was still open when this memorial was originally posted on the now defunct rrvm.com (Rocking Roman Viritual Memorial).

She was a very special person and is survived by her mother, Lois Ann Bowens of Ventura, California. Jenniffer was Lois's only child. Jenniffer was a miracle baby that started life weighing in at about 3 pounds and fighting for her life from day one.
I went through her personal effects, in cooperation with Santa Barba ra County Sheriff's Department. I read many notes to and from her friends. This young lady continued to be a special person, until she was taken from us. Her friends wrote her beautiful notes and letters during their friendships which reflected friends taking stock of this almost woman, and loving what they found.

Santa Barbara County Sheriff Department determined Jenniffer was killed the day she was taken. She was never a runaway. There is a hole in many people's lives made deeper and more hurtful by the labels of an agency, that did not care to look for her. But to those of us who knew her, we knew, she never ran away.

ALWAYS
(8/12/96)
I did not choose to leave your side,
Yet, you are left to wonder why?
You gave me the gift of love so strong,
the world cannot tear apart our special bond.
Should you see the sun rise or set,
I am in every sun-ray.
When you see the rainbow,
I am part of every color.
As waves rush t o shore,
I ride amongst them.
See the glimmer in a raindrop,
I also am there.
When the world is shimmering
in a coat of dew,
I live there too.
All of those things of wonder will tell you,
I'll never forget you.
Most of all remember,
wherever you go,
whatever you do,
most of all-
I'll always live in you.

Deborah Coss of 1kinthing.com, writes about the things she knows, and sometimes takes flights into fantasy. A published writer, photographer and artist, considers herself a Jill Of All Trades, with a background in law, medicine and many menial labor type jobs. Language is fun. Communication is an art.


Author:: Deborah Coss
Keywords:: Jenniffer Rose Vernals, Deborah Coss, Ojai, Ventura, Torro Canyon, Murder, 1kindthing.com< /a>,
Post by
History of the Computer | Computer safety tips

10 comments:

  1. I will always remember the young face of a classmate torn away from us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember her everyday and miss her so much. She was one of my first forever friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would bet every dollar I have that,that guy Schultz killed this young girl,and would be pushing police to get a confession out of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The police, in Santa Barbara County Sheriffs Department strongly agree with you Shane. In fact, if Ventura Police had not refused to help her Mother Lois and actually looked for Jenniffer, they may have gotten Shultz. But they kept saying Jenniffer was a run away, and would not listen to three women who went to tell them to do their jobs. Very sad. SBSD Detectives and VPD almost came to blows over this case and SBSD had no love for VPD over this case.

      Delete
  4. I would bet every dollar I have that,that guy Schultz killed this young girl,and would be pushing police to get a confession out of him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm her Father and I talked with Lois and she doesn't think schutz did it she thinks it was her ex Richard

    ReplyDelete